Nothing is more annoying than coming home from a long day and realizing that your Frigidaire dehumidifier is not working. Not only can this be frustrating, but it also means that you won’t be able to enjoy the benefits of having a dehumidifier in your home.
There are several reasons for “Frigidaire dehumidifier not working.” The two most common are low humidity settings or blocked airflow. You have to set the humidity on the right setting and free the blocked airflow by cleaning it.
This blog post will explore why your Frigidaire dehumidifier is not working and provide some troubleshooting tips to help you resolve this issue. So, let’s get started.
- Frigidaire dehumidifier troubleshooting
- Why does the Frigidaire dehumidifier run too much?
- Why Frigidaire dehumidifier make noise?
- Why Frigidaire dehumidifier filter light start blinking?
Troubleshooting Tips for Your Frigidaire Dehumidifier Not Working?
As I told you earlier, there are several reasons why your Frigidaire dehumidifier not working? Some of these reasons may require professional repair, while others can easily be fixed at home with some troubleshooting.
Here are some reasons Frigidaire dehumidifier not working:
- The dehumidifier needs to be in the right location.
- The humidity setting is too low.
- The airflow to the dehumidifier is blocked.
- The room temperature is too low.
- An error message or fault code is displayed.
The dehumidifier is not in the right location:
Before starting any repair or troubleshooting, ensure you have set your dehumidifier in a proper location. Putting your dehumidifier in the wrong location can affect its performance and cause it to stop working.
To Solve this Problem:
- Ensure the dehumidifier is used in an enclosed area.
- Close doors, windows, and other outside openings in the room where the dehumidifier operates.
- Make sure the dehumidifier is placed on a stable, flat surface.
- Avoid placing it near heat sources such as radiators or stoves.
- Keep it at least 6 inches from walls and furniture for proper airflow.
- Place the dehumidifier in a central location to ensure even distribution of moisture removal.
The humidity setting is too low:
After checking the location, you have to go to the dehumidifier setting. Sometimes, the humidity setting may be too low to dehumidify the air in the room. This can happen if you have recently changed the settings or if someone accidentally adjusted it to a lower level.
To Solve this Problem:
- Check the current humidity level in your home using a separate hygrometer.
- Set your Frigidaire dehumidifier’s humidity level to 5% to 10% lower than the current humidity level in your home.
- Wait a few hours and check if the dehumidifier has started working properly.
- If the dehumidifier still doesn’t work, set it to a slightly higher humidity level.
The airflow to the dehumidifier is blocked:
As I mentioned earlier, one of the possible reasons why your Frigidaire dehumidifier is not working could be due to blocked airflow. This can happen if the air intake or outlet grills are obstructed, preventing proper circulation and hindering dehumidifying. In some cases, this can also lead to ice build-up on the coils, further affecting the dehumidifier’s performance.
Here are some solutions to help you resolve this issue:
- Check the air intake and outlet grills for any obstructions, such as furniture, curtains,,mold or dust build-up.
- If debris blocks the airflow, remove it carefully with a soft cloth or vacuum cleaner.
- Ensure at least 12 inches of clearance around the dehumidifier for proper air circulation.
- Avoid placing the dehumidifier in a cramped or confined space, which can restrict airflow.
- If ice has formed on the coils, turn off the unit and let it defrost before restarting it.
- Reset the Frigidaire dehumidifier before restarting it.
The room temperature is too low:
Temperature can also play a critical role in the performance of your Frigidaire dehumidifier. The unit is designed to operate within a specific temperature range; if the room temperature falls outside this range, it may not work properly.
Here are some possible reasons why your Frigidaire dehumidifier may stop working when the room temperature is too low:
- The coils may freeze over, preventing proper dehumidification.
- The moisture in the air may not condense due to low temperatures, making it difficult for the unit to extract humidity from the air.
Here are some solutions to help you resolve this problems:
- Check the temperature range of your Frigidaire dehumidifier. It is designed to operate within a temperature range of 41°F (5°C) to 90°F (32°C).
- If the room temperature is below 41°F, move the dehumidifier to a warmer location and allow it to adjust to the new temperature range for at least an hour before restarting it.
- Ensure enough air circulation by opening windows or doors if necessary.
- If the room temperature is consistently too low for proper dehumidification, consider using a heater to increase the temperature in the room.
Error message or fault code displayed:
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, a few other issues can cause your Frigidaire dehumidifier to display an error message or fault code. These codes are designed to help users identify and troubleshoot specific errors, making it easier to resolve the issue. However, if you see an error code displayed on your dehumidifier, it is essential to address the problem promptly to avoid further damage.
Some of the common error codes that can be displayed on a Frigidaire dehumidifier include:
- E1 or F1: This code indicates an issue with the humidity sensor and may require professional repair.
- P0 or PF: These codes usually signify a power failure or interruption; resetting the unit should resolve the issue.
- F0 or FO: This code indicates a problem with the internal thermistor and may require professional repair.
- EC or EE: These codes indicate an issue with the temperature sensor, which low room temperatures or a faulty sensor can cause.
If you see any of these error codes displayed on your Frigidaire dehumidifier, here are some possible solutions to fix the problem:
- Reset or power off your dehumidifier and unplug it from the power source for a few minutes.
- Check the user manual for specific error code explanations and solutions.
- If the error message persists, contact Frigidaire’s customer care team for further assistance.
- In case of any mechanical or electrical issues, it is recommended to seek professional repair services.
Following these troubleshooting steps, you should be able to identify and resolve any issues that may prevent your Frigidaire dehumidifier from working properly.
A dehumidifier is a machine, and like any other appliance, it may experience issues from time to time. However, proper maintenance and troubleshooting can resolve most problems without much hassle. By regularly checking the location, humidity setting, airflow, and temperature in your home and addressing any potential issues promptly, you can ensure that your Frigidaire dehumidifier works efficiently and effectively for years to come.
Why is my Frigidaire dehumidifier not picking up water?
When you dehumidifier not pick up water first, you have to change the filter. Make sure the filter is in good condition and free of debris. Make sure that the humidity level on your Frigidaire dehumidifier is set properly.
Why is my Frigidaire dehumidifier not draining?
There are a few possible reasons why your Frigidaire dehumidifier may not be draining properly.
- Check if the drain hose is correctly connected
- The dehumidifier is positioned on a level surface to ensure proper drainage.
- Check the clogged drain hose, which can be rectified with a small brush or warm water.
How often should I change the filter on my Frigidaire dehumidifier?
It is recommended to clean the filter at least once every two weeks for optimal performance. However, if you live in a high-humidity area or use the dehumidifier frequently, it may be necessary to clean or replace the filter more often.